Environmental Policy Statement
Poeton Industries Ltd offers electroplating and anodising coatings, spray painting and non-destructive testing services to a range of customers, mainly from the aerospace industry. The Company has been in business for over 100 years.
The Company recognises potential for environmental impacts that may result from its surface treatment and associated activities and aims to reduce these impacts through the implementation and operation of an Environmental Management System (EMS). The Company is committed to both the prevention of pollution and protection of the environment through best practice measures and aims for continual improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance.
In particular, the Company will:
- Work to minimise any negative effects on the environment from the activities of the business.
- Provide the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets on an annual basis.
- Fulfil its compliance obligations with respect to all relevant legal and statutory regulations, industry codes of practice and other requirements as a minimum operating standard.
- Provide training to increase employee awareness of the potential environmental impacts of the business, and how these can be reduced through the EMS.
- Assess the risk of unwanted chemical release on site, taking into account the environmental and health and safety implications for all employees and the local community.
- Identify alternative technologies and substances (where applicable) in order to reduce environmental impact.
- Identify ways of reducing raw material use and waste creation in current working practices.
- Reduce utility usage by raising awareness and implementing industry-approved measures (where applicable).
- Ensure adequate records are kept relating to all aspects of the business.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and those working on behalf of the organisation, be made available to all interested parties and the general public on request. The Senior Management of Poeton Industries Ltd are committed to the content of this policy.