Aptec Motorsport is Poeton’s specialist division focusing on cylinder bore coating for engines used in motorbikes, drones, cars and racing karts. A replacement for traditional Nikasil coatings, Apticote 2000 is a Nickel Ceramic solution that provides superior adhesion and is inspired by Poeton’s research and development in the aerospace sector.
The Apticote 2000 Advantage
- Extended cylinder life – Ultra-wear resistant with a slicker, harder coating that’s better bonded to the substrate
- Higher performance – Even in the most demanding race conditions, from karts and off-roaders to GP bikes
- Superior oil retention – When you need it most, right up to and over 18,000 rpm, with improved resistance to scuffing
- Reduced friction – Between cylinder wall and piston ring, plus better surface lubricant retention
- Improved power – Delivering extra race-winning power over original supply or steel sleeves
APTEC MOTORSPORT’S SERVICES
- Cylinder plating – 2 and 4 strokes engines, liners and rotary cylinders replated with Apticote 2000 Nickel Ceramic.
- Cylinder repair – Damage caused by piston and ring failure can be weld repaired prior to applying the new coating.
- Cylinder honing – Ensuring the correct surface finish by honing coated cylinder to precisely match Apticote 2000’s deposit characteristics.
- Port dressing – Extra care is taken to dress port edges to give the minimum chamfer allowing for exact port timing.
- Cylinder express – When your re-bore cannot wait, get up and running faster with cylinder express – replating and repairs in only four days.